For the past several years, I’ve noticed a serious shift in the media when it comes to business, families, and relationships. I see a lot of women centered at the helm of power.
Have you noticed commercials where moms are focused and working behind the computer while dad is taking care of the kids? What about the lifetime movie (I wish I remembered the name) where the husband is locked in a laundry room rocking an infant, while the wife climbs out of a window and sneaks into her front door to slay an intruder? I can’t make this up.
I’ve been married for some time now and it’s quite possible that I’m out of touch. But I have to ask the question:
Is that what women really want? (keep scrolling to take the survey)
Do we want a world where women pursue men; where women bring home most of the bacon to a guy who’s changing diapers and carpooling; where women open their own doors while NOT requiring men to be….. well um, men; where women are treated like one of the guys?
I can only speak for myself when I say that it’s amazing for women to have rights to vote, drive, make equal salaries, and become homeowners. Because sometimes, waiting for a man to save you is overrated. I mean, a single girl has got to eat too.
However, it was even more amazing when my husband pursued me and paid for most of the dates when we were dating. (Fast forward 18 years) I also take advantage of the fact that he gets out of the bed whenever I think hear something go bump in the night.
Does that make me old-fashioned or anti-feminist?
Hello? Am I by myself here???
Even though we’re in a new century, with modern women, deep inside, I think women still want to be:
- To be pursued and officially given a title as opposed to being a forever friend or hook up
- To be asked out—and pay for it (if you’re in the pursuing AKA “impress me” stage)
- To have their doors opened and for men to give up their seats when there are none available (especially when I’m wearing heels)
- To actually receive phone calls so you can hear their voice as opposed to texting an ENTIRE conversation
What’s wrong with any of that? It doesn’t mean you’re a weak anti-feminist when a man treats you like a queen. It means, you deserve to be honored the prize.
Seriously, I want to know what other women are thinking about this new paradigm shift because it will affect how we date and marry in the future.
What do you say about it?
Use the contact form below to let me know:
- Your opinion on feminism and how men should treat women. Should chivalry just die already?
- Your age range because I have a feeling, age matters. Younger women may think differently than mature women.
I’ll be tallying the results of this survey for the next 7 days. Let me know what you think so I can share the results with everyone.