Every once in a while your husband needs to know that you still admire him and that you’re still happy you met him. With everything else that you have going on in your life, it’s easy for him to forget he’s your priority. He needs to feel special. Yes, I know, that he needs to remind you of those things as well, but someone has to start the party and it might as well be you.
It doesn’t take a lot of time, just a little effort and a lot of sincerity. You can use these tips in the week leading up to his birthday, anniversary, after the birth of a new baby (cause he may feel neglected), father’s day or any other time you want to honor him.
- Stop by the grocery store or the bakery and get his go to guilty pleasure. This can be his must have snack for watching the game or his pity party snack that he uses to lift himself up. Just let him know that you’re thinking of him.
- Initiate sex. If you rarely or never make the first move, what are you waiting for? Surprise him tonight by seducing him when he least expects it.
- Send him a “just because I’m thinking of you” random text or phone call throughout the day. Give him your undivided attention and let him know how much you appreciate everything he does for the family. Ask him if there’s anything you can do to for him.
- Do something nice for his family. If you aren’t particularly close to his parents or siblings, there’s something about reaching out to them that lets him know, you’re team “husband.” Be the bigger person and invite them out for one on one time or just call to check up on them.
- Put together a work survival kit filled with the little things that make his day easier. Add coffee or his favorite beverage, snacks, candy, protein bars, energy drinks, and pictures of you and the kids to remind him why he goes to work.